10 March 2011

Omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuhnt] adjective; almighty or infinite in power.

As part of my prayer time over the past few days I have started reflecting on the omnipotence of God. It's an issue that I am well aware of consciously, however unconsciously there is a tendency to restrict God's power. You don't pray for something, because, deep down, you think the situation is 'impossible'.

Nothing is impossible for God. I'm trying to remember this every day this week - particularly when I'm in a situation that is really pretty bad. I'm asking Him to go to work in my life, to sort some stuff out. To do a miracle or two.

I know He can.

Jeremiah 32:27
"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

(all scripture verses from New International Version, ©2011)

1 comment:

Just Be Real said...

Amen! Thank you for sharing. Blessings.