1 March 2011

How To Be Invisible

(from the title of a track by Kate Bush, found on my iPod today)

Lord, my instinct is to want to be invisible. Most of the time I find I can manage this, working quietly into the background. Just another figure in the crowd. Being different brings with it so many questions, conflict and pain - I find difficult to cope sometimes.

I also know that you don't want me to be invisible. You have put me on this earth to be seen, to witness for you, to stand up and be counted. Lord, help me to accept this fact, and to be the person that you want me to be. Help me when I need to make that stand, to be visible for You. Help me to cope. Amen

Luke 8:16 (New International Version, ©2010)
"No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light."

No comments: