7 March 2011

Broken Pottery

Have you ever had one of those days where you can't seem to do anything right? That was yesterday.

In hindsight, I know that that there were a lot of good things that came out of yesterday's activities, but I must admit to being selectively blind to this; I could only see the wrong things when I got home. Things that had gone awry; important things that had been forgotten; even things I thought I had done OK, with the best of intentions, that I was later told I should have done completely differently. I had to really work hard last night to see the good next to the bad. To realise that yesterday was a good day!

Is this what my life is always to be like? Always seeing the glass as half-empty? And in my own mind, never achieving, always missing the mark? Is this my 'thorn in my side'? I want to do better!

That's probably why I was so challenged by the message from the platform yesterday. Zoe preached on Jeremiah 18, about the Potter's Hands. And she mentioned how the clay resists the hands of the potter, who reworks the material into something useful.

I'm not resisting. Rework me Lord.

Jeremiah 18:6 (New Living Translation)
"O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand."

No comments: