14 March 2011

Inheritance

Well, what a weekend! So many things happening, things to do, things to plan for, things to act on, things to pray for. What could I possibly blog about? The answer came on Sunday night, when I found myself in my daughter's bedroom, sitting on the floor, sorting out felt tip pens. How can one little girl have so many pens?

The answer is easy. Like so much, these things are inherited. A whole host of these pens were my son's, passed down in time to my daughter. Many were my own, from days past when I did art, sketching and cartooning. Doubtless some of these pens were also my wife's. I must have picked up well over two hundred of the things!

However, the hoarding instinct is also inherited. I'm terrifically bad at throwing away stuff, preferring to keep it just in case. I'm taking some steps to 'declutter' my life at present, and am working with my family to organise ourselves a little better.

It's not only things that get inherited. Behaviour can, too!

*Note to friends and family: no more felt tip pens! Thanks

No comments: