23 February 2009

Traffic Lights!

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

God will make a way, Where there seems to be no way,
He works in ways we cannot see, He will make a way for me,
He will be my guide, Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day,
He will make a way, He will make a way.
(Words and music by Don Moen)

The words of this song were used in our Sunday worship yesterday, and I've used them in my blog before (back in October 2008). Since then, God has definitely moved within my life and I am sure that I have a way forward in front of me. Kind of easy to see, really, as there is only one clear path, one road to take. Where the road leads me I am still unsure, but I'm following the road faithfully.

But I'm stuck at traffic lights. You know the sort, those temporary ones that spring up at road junctions all the time in my town, the sort where you sit in your car and wait. And sit. And wait.

Distractions come in all aspects of my life, and some of them are relentless. That's part of the reason I blogged recently about 'drawing a line in the sand', to ensure I didn't slip backwards - or in terms of a motor vehicle trip, that I didn't do a U-turn and try and find another way around 'the lights'. Whilst at 'the lights' I find I'm being challenged to search for a degree of 'mystical understanding' into my spiritual life, and it's all getting a bit interesting.

No comments: