2 February 2009

Let It Snow!


Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
(lyrics by Sammy Cahn; music by Jule Styne)

Following on from my earlier post about man-made plans, things certainly continue to be unpredictable - although the appearance of snow at winter time really must be fairly high up the list of possibilities, mustn't it? However, despite the weather I didn't turn over and resign myself to a 'duvet day'. I did my best.

  • I did get up this morning despite the breakfast show host urging me to stay in bed;
  • I did get dressed and get ready for work despite news that transport was going to be difficult and the persistent announcements that you should only set out to work if it was absolutely essential. (Isn't work and earning your keep essential?)
  • I did trudge down to the station in the snow (going carefully - didn't want to have another tumble)
  • I did try and travel to London - but there were no trains or buses at all. Not a hope unless I walked the fifteen or so miles up to town. Which would have taken me half the day in the snow. Not really an option.

I tried. But to no avail. So I turned round and trekked back home - then had a snowball fight with the kids (school was also cancelled) and helped them build a snowman today. That's me in the pic above. A great day with the family. Not planned at all. Great stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture!!