14 January 2009

All stop!


Sometimes you have to do more than just slow down. Sometimes you are stopped right in your tracks!


It got so bad on Monday that I decided to go to my doctor. If you know me well, you know things have to get really bad for me to make such a decision, and just as well... the 'little tumble' that I took last week which caused me to slow down did more than just knock the wind out of me. My doctor confirmed yesterday that I had cracked two ribs, and so I'm at home now on painkillers and strict orders to take it easy. I don't know what hurts more; my ribs or the fact that I'm so restricted in what I can do!


My body may need healing but my mind is still active, so I'm steadily working through a pile of books that I've been meaning to read. And that should mean I will have plenty to blog about soon.


Psalm 103:1-5 (NIV)
Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

No comments: