12 January 2009

Slow down

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) is a song by Simon and Garfunkel, which is on the top of my mind today. The first verse goes:

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

I've found I've had to slow down today - following my little tumble last week I just can't seem to pick up any speed! I find I've still got plenty to do but I find I just have to slow right down in order to get anywhere. And just for the record I'd like to add that I don't feel particularly 'groovy' either!

It doesn't help matters when I know that my friends and colleagues have been telling me of the importance of slowing down for a while. I just wish that I hadn't learnt this lesson in such a *painful* fashion!

No comments: