28 September 2018

Resting In God's Presence

I've been blogging a lot lately about the need to slow down, and thus be that much closer to God. That's been something that has come out of my recent health experiences - and hopefully I have learnt a bit following this. Hopefully...

There's also been a bit of a recurring theme in a few of the blogs that I have been following lately which have touched on the same subject. Coincidence? I don't think so...

One of the websites I have found have talked quite a bit about abiding, and referred to the book "Abide in Christ," by Andrew Murray, which focused the teachings of Jesus down into three words from John's gospel: "Abide in me."

Another blog made reference to contemplation or meditation.  Taking time out to reflect on the revelations of God.

Yet another used a charismatic Christian term called soaking. To disconnect from the world, and reconnect to God. Resting in God's presence, ready to hear from Him.

I wonder why this keeps going around and around in my head. Mmmm...

No comments: