15 September 2018

A Cup Of Wisdom

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates

In my dome of ivory,
A home of activity,
I want the answers quickly,
But I don't have no energy.
I hold a cup of wisdom,
But there is nothing within...
(lyrics from 'Sat In Your Lap' by Kate Bush)

In my current stage of recuperation from the recent round of hospital visits I am increasingly aware that I have a tremendous opportunity here to take stock of my life.

And, of course, I need God’s help. In fact, I don't want to move forward without it.

Does prayer guide my life, or do I just make a series of plans and then ask God to bless them?

Dear Lord, please guide me today. Help me not to act on my own wisdom, as I realise how often this is lacking... Help me to seek Your will in every situation. Amen.

No comments: