13 September 2018

Picking Up The Pieces

Jeremiah 17:14 (The Message)
God, pick up the pieces. Put me back together again. You are my praise!

Today I was trying to get things in my life back to normal. It wasn't as easy as I thought.

I had spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in and out of St Thomas's Hospital, with all the inconvenience that a daily series of outpatient appointments can cause in a busy life. In fact, I did nothing on Wednesday apart from attending hospital and travelling by bus and train. All were draining. And, as expected, there was some physical side-effects from the course of steroid infusions, which threw my system completely out of whack. At least all the treatment seems to be having a positive effect...

I went back to the office today and was able to perform pretty well, but I felt so very tired. The mood swings were definitely well in effect and I tried very hard to hold it all together. At least, until I got in the car to go home. The delays on the motorway due to the Dartford Crossing getting snarled again (emergency repairs on the left bore tunnel) left my home town gridlocked and loused up my plans for the latter half of the day. It left me physically and mentally drained and sapped of energy. I flopped down on the sofa and just laid there for a couple of hours. That's not what I wanted to do tonight - but all I felt like doing.

One of the side-effects of steroids was supposed to be Increased Energy. Certainly not in my case!

Tomorrow will be better. Please...

No comments: