10 October 2008

True Colours

One of the songs I listened to last night, after a particularly bad day. I ran a bath, relaxed and listened to this Cyndi Lauper song.

You with the sad eyes, don’t be discouraged
Oh I realise it’s hard to take courage
In a world full of people you can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you can make you feel so small

CHORUS
But I see your true colours shining through
I see your true colours and that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show

Your true colours, true colours, are beautiful like a rainbow

Show me a smile then, don’t be unhappy,
Can’t remember when I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy and you’ve taken all you can bear
You call me up because you know I’ll be there

(Written by Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly - "True Colours" was both the title track and the first single released from Cyndi Lauper's second album.)

No comments: