3 October 2008

Feet On The Rock


Those who know me are constantly encouraging me to step out - to walk on the water - to step out of my comfort zone. Trouble is, stepping out will mean potentially getting into some very scary places! It stands to reason you're going to be concerned about the unknown, and feel anxious about being moving on. That's why so many people dislike change.

However, I'm looking forward to change. There's certain aspects of my life where I'm in a place that I don't want to be - I want to move on...

So, am I trapped in a paradox? A no-win scenario? Between a rock and a hard place (as the Americans have it)?

Well, I'm trusting in the Rock. I am trusting in God to hold me and keep me safe.

Psalm 27:5 NIV
"For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock."

Lord, lift me from the miry clay, and put my feet firmly on the rock. Amen.

No comments: