18 August 2022

S is for SatNav


I am old enough to remember life without a satellite navigation system. Which is okay, because I like to rely on my own map (the one in my head) if I need to get anywhere. I have to rely on the tech if I have to go anywhere that I've never been to - or when I haven't been there for a while. There's always a map book in the car (under the driver's seat) in emergencies. Yes, an old fashioned paper map book.

The recent Congress in Birmingham was a case in point. I wouldn't have been able to get there without the tech. However, the number of road closures that were in place in the City centre sent me scatty. The City was due to host the Commonwealth Games and had shut over 200+ roads closures and even some parking sites! The map would have been useless - even with Sat Nav I kept going in what seemed like circles!

I was so pleased to eventually park and trust to my own feet!

No comments: