19 January 2012

Noobish News

noobish - adjective; a modern slang term, applied to something that a complete novice would do; it describes the actions or manner of an absolute beginner (or a 'noob'). Note: I find it always helps to have a teenager in the house to explain these things!

I started this week at work feeling very noobish. Not because I am a total beginner; in fact I am regularly reminded that I'm now the longest-serving member of staff in my office. No, it's because there's a new regime in place; a new manager in charge; all things are different. In fact, it feels just about everything is new...

Because everything feels so different, it's a little scary. I need to consider my every step.

Wednesday night's bible study was all about Jesus walking on the water - and, in Matthew's gospel, Peter as well. Provided he kept his mind fixed on Jesus, he could do it. You've just got to get out of the boat...

I need to fix my eyes on my Lord - keep trusting Him. I can do it.

To do any less, would be a bit noobish...

:)

Revelation 21:5 (the Message)
The Enthroned continued, "Look! I'm making everything new. Write it all down - each word dependable and accurate."

No comments: