5 January 2012

It's Not What You Know...

I remember talking to a work colleague last year on the subject of wisdom. Yes, we get quite deep and philosophical in our office sometimes! She mentioned a wonderful phrase which I must admit I had never heard before:

"It's Not What You Know, but How You Use It"

The children are on their way back to Secondary School today after the Christmas break, and I pray that they will not only accumulate knowledge quickly, but will be able to use it well, becoming wise.

And I also pray that I will be wise enough to guide both of them through the years. And, in both cases, wise in the right sense...

Proverbs 3:5-7 (CEV)
With all your heart you must trust the LORD and not your own judgment. Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow. Don't ever think that you are wise enough, but respect the LORD and stay away from evil.

No comments: