13 June 2010

As Little As Possible

In the film 'Chinatown', there's a scene where Jake tells Evelyn about his time as a beat cop in L.A.'s Chinatown, where he was instructed to do "as little as possible." I believe that's a good analogy to explain where I find myself today... There's so many who seem to share that view. They want to do as little as they can - just enough, no more.

This is my response:
“I’ve heard it before. But go and do something! Do something, Bramwell, do something!” - William Booth, to his son. This was to be the start of The Salvation Army's social work.

I want to be one of those who make a difference. Anyone with me?

1 comment:

Colin Machan said...

"God's soldier has to stand alone,
Accepting burdens not his own;
A lonely work he cannot shirk,
Where dark and deadly dangers lurk.
God's soldier must courageous be,
And from his duties never flee,
For millions wait, whose need is great,
And he must not God's plan frustrate."
SASB 801, verse 2 (Harry Read)