28 September 2009

Weary Ways and Golden Days

As I write this blog entry, I must admit to feeling more than a little tired. In fact, following a frantic weekend away and after a solid eight hours kip last night I still feel like I haven't slept! Mind you, I've just been looking back on all the places I've been to this September: Stratford, Swanley, West Kingsdown, all around the streets of Dartford (annual appeal), Portsmouth, Croydon, Camberwell, Lewisham, Brownsea Island... Just think about all the people I've met, all the experiences ... What a rush! Of course if you analyse each activity you will realise there are some tremendous highs, followed by periods of nothing, extreme boredom, or tedious repetition. But that's life! The important thing I've learnt is to keep your eyes on where you need to get to. And I feel several steps closer to my goal now!

I know not what of good or ill
May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
Before his face I see.

But I know whom I have believed,
And am persuaded that he is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
Unto him against that day.
SASB 730, verse 4 & chorus
(Daniel Webster Whittle, 1840-1901)

No comments: