3 December 2008

One Of Those Days

Ever had 'one of those days'? You know, days where nothing ever seems to go right. That's me, today. Amongst the things that I have experienced - or have endured today - are:
  • Despite getting to the station for my train ten minutes early this morning, the train arrives at its terminus ten minutes late. Stands to reason that I had to be in on time today. And today was the day my boss got in early!
  • A chance meeting during the course of the morning with a cardboard box which I myself had stored produced an unexpected shower of black toner that subsequently ruined my tie, and probably my shirt.
  • The journey back home again was pretty uneventful, however my son, who was due to meet me at the station when I arrived, had 'forgotten about the time'. I did however wait for him - that was another ten minutes delay!
  • When I arrived home, there were phone calls and emails that I had to attend to - plus the kitchen sink was blocked. So I rolled my sleeves up and got down to it again. No chance to relax, now!
Now I don't claim that this was anything else other than 'one of those days'. But life is indeed a battlefield, and it is of course how we handle days like these that show 'character' or 'persistance' in our lives. We carry on - determined to do the best we can for our family, our friends, our Saviour.

Psalm 63:5-6
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;he is my fortress, I shall not be shaken."

No comments: