17 December 2008

Good things, good times

"You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between"
(Johnny Mercer/ Harold Arlen)
I have achieved a remarkable first today. It was the first time that I ever completed three Sudoku puzzles in a row in the 40-minutes or so that it takes me to get to work in the morning. One easy;one moderate; one challenging. All in the free Metro newspaper. That might not mean much to you,but it's a memorable thing for me. A milestone achieved!

If I have learnt anything this year, it's that I can be my own worst critic. It is often true to say that 'self praise is no recommendation', but I find it too easy to find fault in my own work - and there's plenty around who are ready to help. I am encouraged enough by what I have learnt in the past year that God's got something special for me to do. I'm keen to embrace it!

2009 is just around the corner, and I'm already aiming high. Good times are ahead!

No comments: