24 November 2008

Warfare


I've got a dreadful headache at the moment. And I've had it for a while, all weekend. In fact, after attending the Sunday meeting yesterday, I went home and slept all afternoon. Still no respite. So I thought I'd surf the net for a few pointers today...

"Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life. " Joan Lunden

I don't know what you think, but I'm of the opinion it's the battles I have with my own 'issues' which are causing these symptoms. So, I'm trying very hard today to keep cheerful, despite feeling lousy. Well, that's not easy, and I've got it wrong already today. Forgive me my friends when I get it wrong!

Remember, Jesus said "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick". (Matthew 9:12, NIV) Having consulted the Great Physician I have a fair idea of what to do now.

No comments: