17 November 2008

Never Mind, Go On!


Faithful be, delaying not to follow
Where Christ leads, though it may be through sorrow;
If the strife should fiercer grow tomorrow,
Never mind, go on!
Cheerful be, it will your burdens lighten,
One glad heart will always others brighten;
Though the strife the coward’s soul may frighten,
Never mind, go on!
(SASB 805, verse 2)

After an 'interesting' weekend, which has seen my main PC go up in smoke, and those close to me under extreme stress for a number of reasons, I have tried to stand firm to my beliefs, and understand that many of my comrades are 'dug in' alongside me, as we push ever onwards towards the goals we see before us. The CO preached a very apt sermon yesterday on this very subject and he gave me a verse to ponder on this week...

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

No comments: