27 August 2008

Bitter or Sweet?


One of the things that I've identified in my life recently is a tendancy towards bitterness. Regretfully I have yet to completely deal with the problem, however at least my diagnosis of the issue goes half-way to some sort of solution! Identifying who or what I'm bitter or resentful at is easy - it's how I tackle it that I need to work on.

I've been doing a study on Psalm 40 in my quiet time today and, lo and behold, the word 'bitterness' leapt out at me, prompting me to blog on this. God's timing is perfect. One of the ways I've been using this week to combat this ill-feeling is to remember to keep praising God in whatever circumstances I find myself. And you may known I've had some quite challenging ones lately!

"He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:3, NIV

I'm trying so very hard this week - the first week back after hols is always tough!

No comments: