26 January 2019

Saturday Catch-Up - 26th January 2019

January has seen the family get to grips with a heck of a lot of baggage. Physical and emotional!

Spring might well be the season of cleaning, but we've started early, well into Winter. Every week this year our family has tackled a different room in the house, and ruthlessly culled things. Recycling, re-evaluating, re-ordering or binning. It's making a difference.

I've blogged before about the emotional baggage that we unearth as we go. I think I'm actually in a better place than I used to be, as this time around I've found 'letting go' to be a much easier exercise than previous sessions. Far less painful. Mementos trigger memories which trigger emotions. But the memories this time around seem to be predominantly happier ones. I've smiled and laughed more. And thanks to my family, kept on going.

Still a whole bunch of rooms to go.




No comments: