10 February 2015

Out there or in here?

Yep, I think I'm getting it now.

I've been blogging a lot recently about learning to work outside my comfort zone. As if that's the only way to get anything done.

However, surely my ultimate objective should be to find an ideal state - one where I am most productive, one which is just right for me, which is right in the middle of my comfort zone...

It's not a case of "coming out of your shell"; in trying to be somebody you aren't.
It's not a case of being stripped of the protection of my comfort zone.
It's not a case of sticking my head above the parapet, waiting for it to be shot at.

It's a case of expanding that zone. Learning to be comfortable with more and more. Pushing the boundaries, every day. From in here, not out there...

Am I right?

No comments: