26 May 2014

Decluttering...

I've spent what seems like an eternity recently, decluttering one of the rooms in my house.

I'm assured that it's only actually been two days. However, it seems like forever... because I've been a little unprepared by all of the emotional baggage that has been unearthed at the same time. Mementos trigger memories which in turn trigger emotions. Before too long I am reliving times in my life that I had forgotten, little details from the past that have been long buried. Details flood my mind, roll around in my thoughts. I've been travelling in time - and I feel a bit jet-lagged!

I've also quite taken aback by the pleasant feelings when I reach a milestone. When it's out of the away, cleared away.

I am also reliably informed that outer order contributes to inner calm.

I hope so. 

No comments: