3 May 2011

Burning The Candle At Both Ends

I have just arrived back home from a truly amazing experience at ROOTS 2011. This is a regular conference run by The Salvation Army, and this year I have been fortunate to be able to take my family to the event (thanks to William and Catherine getting married, this allowed the children to have an extra day off school and to travel. So we all went along!). In order to get the best out of the weekend I have had to push myself a little harder than usual - and anyone who knows me, knows that's tough - so I've definitely been burning the candle at both ends! However, what an experience! In just four days my wife Chris and I have seen:
  • My daughter really enjoying her time in Kids ROOTS, including her involvement on stage performing 'The Way It's Gonna Be' to hundreds of delegates
  • My son involved with Youth ROOTS and a 'flash mob' dance event in the middle of the conference
  • Some terrific teaching that has given us a new enthusiasm for The Word, and what it can say to us and through us
  • An awesome live Praise Party led by Noel Richards!
There's so much more to mention to you, and new challenges for me, but I need to rest for a while. Just need to sleep... zzzzz

No comments: