16 May 2011

Made In His Image

This past weekend has been extremely busy, however I'm so glad that I was there for last night's Divisional meeting. The subject being aired at the conclusion of the meeting was an important one for me to hear. It emphasised that we are all made in the image of God.

The theme beautifully complements a book I am reading at present, so you can see how the subject matter caught my attention. The book mentions that many of our spiritual problems stem from an incorrect image that we may have of God. If this image is wrong, this in turn affects our own self-image. We try and become more like our God, but the image we have of Him is wrong, so we end up aiming for the wrong thing! As we get to know God better through His word, our image of God improves and we are remoulded in His image.

The following quote from Colossians was then used:

Colossians 3:4-5 (The Message)
When Christ (your real life, remember) shows up again on this earth, you'll show up, too-the real you, the glorious you. Meanwhile, be content with obscurity, like Christ. And that means killing off everything connected with that way of death: sexual promiscuity, impurity, lust, doing whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it, and grabbing whatever attracts your fancy. That's a life shaped by things and feelings instead of by God.

These words simply wouldn't go away when I went up to bed last night and are still working through me as I review the verses again in The Message translation this morning.  Guess my mind is in the Potter's Hands. Today I am giving Him my feelings and leaving Him to remould them.

God is at work.

No comments: