4 May 2010

ROOTS 2010

Such a tremendous blessing being at The Salvation Army's ROOTS Convention this weekend. I'll be unpacking a lot of what has occurred over the next few weeks, but the main points for me have been as follows:
  • God is in charge of my life, however He still needs me to be involved. I obviously can't run it all myself and He is gracious enough to give me options. It's the balance I can't get right... what part of it is God's responsibility and what is mine - and that's something I need to work on. And the work he's given me to do starts today!
  • The 'absent-minded professor' within me needs to be dealt with. It's really time to crack down on that...
  • There's also the whole Mary-Martha issue which still needs addressing (Luke 10:39-42). More on that later...
  • Above all, God loves me so much. Why, He even gives me unexpected little treats, so uniquely crafted so even in a convention centre 200 miles from home, what was happening has particular meaning to me. Thanks!
  • O Joy that seekest me through pain,
    I cannot close my heart to thee;
    I trace the rainbow through the rain
    And feel the promise is not vain,
    That morn shall tearless be.
    (SASB 621, v3)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased you had a great time.

Every blessing
Lisa