24 March 2010

Every Step You Take

"Every breath you take and every move you make
Every bond you break, Every step you take,
I'll be watching you"

(from 'Every Breath You Take', written by Sting)

I'm thinking this week about looking after myself, both in terms of input (food, drink, reading of scripture, TV, radio, etc) and output (prayer, christian service, exercise, etc.). My son John even gave me a step meter last night! Also known as a pedometer, this little device measures the number of steps you take in a typical day. I thought I'd give it a go today.

To stay healthy, the Chief Medical Officer's recommendation is 30 minutes moderate activity at least five days a week, with a suggested step meter target of 10,000 steps a day. Most people only walk 4,000 steps.

As at 5.30pm tonight I recorded a figure of 13,428 steps. Not too bad for someone who is in theory 'sitting in an office all day'!

Proverbs 14:15 (New International Version)
A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.

No comments: