7 December 2009

Soldiership - part three: Relationships

"I will maintain Christian ideals in all my relationships with others; my family and neighbours, my colleagues and fellow salvationists, those to whom and for whom I am responsible, and the wider community."

Yet another good starting point for a debate... are we of one mind, united against a common foe? Well, I must admit, not always. However, it's how we work through our differences to reach resolution that should define us, and I guess that it's the inability of some people to talk through 'pinch points' that leads so often to arguments, bitterness, broken covenants. As Christians we should work to resolve these issues with love and understanding. After all, we should be taking that same attitude out into our community...

I guess we are often so used to fighting battles that we often start to fight each other... let's not forget who is the true enemy here...

Ephesians 6:12 (New International Version)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

No comments: