10 December 2009

Soldiership - part four: Time Management

"I will uphold the sanctity of marriage and of family life. I will be a faithful steward of my time and gifts, my money and possessions, my body, my mind and my spirit, knowing that I am accountable to God."

This is one issue I've had to face up to myself this year. Do you have the same problem? Do you rest when you're supposed to rest? Work when you're supposed to work? Read the Bible as often as you ought? Pray? Share quality time with your spouse, your children? You know, you can sometimes be so busy trying to keep busy that you eventually end up being no use at all to anyone!

Thankfully I've learnt this lesson this year, and have taken steps to reprofile my life as a result of this. I'm not quite there yet, I've still got some more work to do in this area in 2010. I would like to encourage my fellow Salvationists that it is OK to sometimes think of yourself rather than of others all the time. I see many of my fellow soldiers falling by the wayside because they don't get the balance right. Perhaps they should realise that part of your Christian commitment is in fact in maintaining your own marriage and family life, as we can see above.

No comments: