26 October 2009

The Devil Finds Work For Idle Hands...

It's a popular idiom, isn't it? People with no work or activity to occupy them are more likely to do things they shouldn't do.

I've had the benefit today of a day at home, so I've been doing a variety of jobs about the house that I have been meaning to do for a while. A chance to switch off from the usual things which usually occupy my mind and deal with other matters closer to home. And I must say, it's produced some fantastic results in the house. I've really had a good time working with my son, and we've worked well together tidying up and rearranging things. It's been great. Can't say I've had idle hands...

However, my mind has got to wander this evening and I find that I've relaxed - my defences have been brought down and the 'opposition' has been attacking me this evening with doubt and insecurity. Perhaps the devil also finds work for idle brain cells, too!

Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

No comments: