21 April 2009

Sheer Stupidity

Stupidity (noun)
1) a poor ability to understand or to profit from experience
2) the opposite of intelligence
3) a stupid mistake

I did something today which was wrong and extremely foolish. Sheer stupidity. And I only found out about it - that is, realised what I had done and the damage I had done - well after the event.

Seeking forgiveness from God and from the people concerned is the first thing I must do. The next thing is seeking forgiveness from myself, which is a good deal harder.

For if I can get it so wrong so easily, how many times do I get it wrong and never ever find out about it....

"It is against stupidity in every shape and form that we have to wage our eternal battle. But how can we wonder at the want of sense on the part of those who have had no advantages, when we see such plentiful absence of that commodity on the part of those who have had all the advantages?" - William Booth

No comments: