25 September 2008

Broken Bread


I blogged a while ago about advice. You know, advice from those well-meaning souls who tell me where I'm going wrong and then proceed to give me 'good' (and usually contradictory) advice about what I should be doing and where I should be headed. Well, I've news for them. I've received some sound advice last night from a most reliable source, and now I seem to be headed for a much less 'scary' place than before. Nevertheless it will involve quite a journey. And for some reason this song is important...

SASB 512
My life must be Christ’s broken bread,
My love his outpoured wine,
A cup o’erfilled, a table spread
Beneath his name and sign.
That other souls, refreshed and fed,
May share his life through mine.

My all is in the Master’s hands
For him to bless and break;
Beyond the brook his winepress stands
And thence my way I take,
Resolved the whole of love’s demands
To give, for his dear sake.

Lord, let me share that grace of thine
Wherewith thou didst sustain
The burden of the fruitful vine,
The gift of buried grain.
Who dies with thee, O Word divine,
Shall rise and live again.

Albert Orsborn (1886-1967)

1 comment:

FORMER SALVATION ARMY OFFICERS FELLOWSHIP said...

Your blog is featured this week at www.fsaof.blogspot.com

Blessings, Sven Ljungholm