7 October 2026

Serenity - more, please!

Serenity
(noun): the quality or state of being calm, peaceful, and free from anxiety, stress, or agitation.

I keep coming back to dwell on this word in this blog. I wonder why... it's much more than the science fiction reference. It's a real longing for a lasting, inner peace in my life.

What I'm looking for is more that just earthly peace. Serenity is a deep feeling of calm even in the face of adversity. It's when you can still see the problems around you, however you are no longer suffering under the weight they once carried. I believe it's only available through our relationship with God. 

I'm reliably informed that pursuing serenity involves shifting your daily habits and perspective to calm your mind and reduce stress in your life. Removing the pressures of working life has gone a long way to improving my perspective. My mind is so now quieter since I retired and this has helped me to slow down and build in some regular quiet time to be with God. 

i am spending a good deal of my time reducing distractions; reducing the clutter in some areas of my house (why do I need to keep those work reference books now?) and making a positive choice to live a simpler life. 

I can feel a real sense of peace on some days. More, please!

No comments: