1 January 2022

Doing Good or Doing Well ... 2022 edition

 Happy New Year. I hope.

This is kind of a follow-up to a post I did nearly five years ago now. Here's the link to my earlier post - right here .

You see, at the moment I am sitting back in my chair, on the first day of a brand new year, assessing whether I can say I feel that I am achieving either of these at the moment.

Doing good or doing well. 

I often feel that I'm not doing either. And I doubt if I am alone feeling that way. I'm unable to carry out many of the things I used to do five years ago - in many cases this is due to Covid-19, however there are other factors in play. Like many, I feel fatigued with the current world situation. Frustrated with being unable to do so much that I used to do. However, I have faith that the opportunities will be there, there will be new things to replace the old - if I keep faithful, keep believing - and keep myself in the best mindset.

Thus, I know that I need to step into 2022 with a new mindset. How I can do that is what I need to work on at the moment.

Here's the scripture verse I used last time, my first step:

"So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith."
Galatians 6:9-10 - The Message

My next step is to hold my hands open for God. I have let go of so much, and some of it isn't missed - it is part of my history of service. Much of it is missed ... however, I mustn't grieve for it, it was part of my life and now is in the past. 

I need to leave my hands open for God - also, my heart, mind, and soul. He wants my hands empty, open for better things. Blessed things. Eternal things.

Keep believing. Don't quit.





No comments: