16 October 2019

It Makes Me Sad...

... when people are quick to accuse people and organisations of wrongdoing based on minimal information. Because it's easier to pigeonhole than to sort out the truth.
... when people are slow to offer help to people in need. Because they are 'different from us'. Guess what - we're all unique!
... when the people we try and help throw it back in our faces, preferring to continue on a self-destructive path. We can offer help but can't make anyone change.
... when we realise that you couldn't help them no matter what you did...

It makes me want to cry. Sometimes, I do. However, it doesn't  make me want to give up. It makes me want to fight on.
Nevertheless, I'll fight...

"While women weep, as they do now,
I'll fight
While little children go hungry, as they do now,
I'll fight
While men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now,
I'll fight
While there is a drunkard left,
While there is a poor lost girl upon the streets,
While there remains one dark soul without the light of God,
I'll fight-I'll fight to the very end!" - William Booth

No comments: