9 March 2019

Saturday Catch-Up - 9th March 2019

In this, the most stressful time of the year for me, I know that I am blessed. Which is such an improvement on the way I felt this time last week...

Thankfully, I was reminded of this in a series of emails that I received this week. Emails from a well-known Christian writer, and most timely, too... Coincidentally, I didn't have a chance to read the emails until I took the day off on Friday, and had chance to catch up on my own inbox!

The emails reminded me of one of the perils of our modern society - with all the things the 21st Century has given us, we can miss out on time to rest. We're often pushed to the limit, and maxed out on everything. We cram so much in to our busy days.

But that’s not God's way.

God, in his goodness, created rest because He considers it just as important as work. You need to get enough rest if you want to stay healthy. And by healthy, that includes all aspects of your health - your physical, emotional, and spiritual health.

Psalm 23:2 (NIV)
“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters”

No comments: