9 February 2019

Saturday Catch-Up - 9th February 2019

No catch up from last week (everything was delayed by the snow!), so I'm trying to comment on the last fortnight now...

  • Maplins
  • Toys 'R' Us UK
  • ... and now HMV Shop

All stores where I used to frequently shop. Regular trips to each store, just to see what was on offer. Loyalty cards, the works. And these are all stores that I can't use any more because the companies have fallen into administration. They've essentially gone bust...

(sigh)

Things aren't the same. They don't feel the same. However, I know that I can't turn the clock back. I mourn, and then I move on.

So, forward we go. Into an increasingly uncertain future. One where the landscape is changing day by day, month by month. Each news bulletin brings a new complication, a new twist to the story. I can't begin to tell you how it's going to end.

Lord,
I don't know what the future holds, but I know only You hold the future. Bring me to a better tomorrow. Help me and my family. Make the days of my life and the life in my days overflow with love, kindness, gratitude, and appreciation.
Amen









No comments: