30 October 2015

Putting Faith Into Action

Mark 11:24 (CEV)
"Everything you ask for in prayer will be yours, if you only have faith."

Sorry? Can you just say that again? I am having trouble getting my head around this...

OK, try this...

Mark 11:24 (NIV)
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Faith is not simply believing that God can do something in your life. Faith is not a desperate hope, a lifeline to cling to.

It's assurance.

It's having confidence that God will provide for you. If you are in tune with God, with the way that He thinks, then you should trust that He will hear your prayer and will answer it.

And that means thanking Him in advance.

What? I’ve got to thank God in advance before I get it in order to get it?

It's part of that assurance.
  • If you thank God after you’ve got it, that’s gratitude.
  • When you thank him in advance, that’s called faith.


No comments: