3 June 2014

Sharing Is Hard

I understand that my life touches other lives - on a busy day, many hundreds of other people. The mind boggles - that's an uncomfortably large number to me.

However, only a small number of that massed sea of faces ever seek to form any sort of meaningful relationship with me; by which I mean get close enough for me to ever consider they may possibly be considered as a friend.

And of that small number, it'll only ever be a minor fraction of those that I will actually befriend. That is, where I begin to let down my outer defences to reveal the sensitive me underneath...

If you're one of these extremely few souls, please take it as a complement. I trust you.

Unfortunately, I've had one or two people over the years who have betrayed that trust and because of that I can be quite wary of letting people get close - past experience makes me oh-so-careful.

Psalm 118:8 (NIV)
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans.



No comments: