I've been encouraged to stretch my own boundaries - to spend longer and longer outside my comfort zone. I think I have done very well. In the last seven days I have:
- talked calmly to people even though they had been extremely rude and offensive about me (is that justified?);
- tried to socialise with other people that I personally find it 'hard to love';
- spent time working out how to do the impossible in no time at all;
- continued to work through pain and tiredness (because I didn't want to let down others who were just as tired and pained as me!);
- gone the 'extra mile' when so many others said that I shouldn't;
- taken the tube when it was exactly where I didn't want to be (crowded, cramped, noisy!) ;
- been calm and pleasant in a hostile and threatening environment.
It's the end of a busy day now and, quite frankly, I've reached the end of my patience. I've had just about all I can take.
And I have to get up again tomorrow morning and probably do it all again.
Lord, help me.