5 July 2009

One year on...


It's just about a year now since I started 'blogging' - 2nd July 2008 was my first attempt at it - and I have found it quite a useful exercise. The discipline of taking my thoughts, having to structure them and put them down in print has really helped me get things into proportion. And more...

You see, it's rekindled a few yearnings from the dim and distant past. I've always had a love of the printed word, but my need to write kind of got buried along the way. When I was at school there was always a possibility that I could have gone to journalism college - but that never worked out and I ended up in an office. I used to write short stories in my late twenties (usually light-hearted and packed with bad puns), which got published in some SF fanzines (usually under a pseudonym, I've never been comfortable with fame). When the kids came along, other things always got in the way.

Blogging has changed all that. Now I'm heading towards my fifties and looking for a new challenge. Perhaps I need to dust off the mighty word processor and have another go?

No comments: