26 March 2009

God's Telephone Number


One of the drawbacks (if that's the right word for it) of searching for God's will in your life is that it can be very difficult to determine exactly what that might be. There's often a cacophony of voices in your daily life, and it's very difficult to isolate that 'still, small voice' from the many and varied ones that we hear from day to day. When I went to DFL I was rather disappointed when I was told that God's plan for my life wasn't going to be emailed to me over the weekend. I understood why, but I was still disappointed.

One of the things I have managed to get hold of recently is God's Telephone Number. What a find! Every time I need to talk to my heavenly Father, I can give Him a call and have a chat through my problems. It's a local call. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If it's just a regular chat or an emergency call, the availability is still the same - no operator assistance is necessary. And the number's easy - it's Jeremiah 333.

Jeremiah 33:3 (New International Version)
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'
I'm on the phone right now. He's promised me a call back very soon.

No comments: