26 August 2020

Waiting around ...

I must admit, I sometimes get a little tired now of sitting around and waiting for things to restart after lockdown. I'm sure I am not alone. And yet, I understand why, in many cases, the time isn't right to start things up again. It could be dangerous to rush in an effort to find 'normal' again. Any steps taken must be small ones...

As a 'doer', it's not so easy to simply stop and wait for the right time.

Perhaps it's because the verb 'to wait' has such a negative connotation for many of us, self-included. Here's two definitions:

1. stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or event: "he did not wait for a reply" Note: synonyms: stand by, hold back, be patient, bide one's time, hang fire...

2. used to indicate that one is eagerly impatient to do something or for something to happen: "I can't wait to tell Nick what happened"

The Territorial Commander's recent video on the subject explains 'waiting' and how we can and should react far more eloquently than I ever could. Have a look and a listen to it; fifteen minutes that may make a difference to you. 

Click on the YouTube link here ...

No comments: