7 November 2018

Facts Not Opinions

It's amazing what grabs your attention.... I was on the bus on Monday in Central London, having just come back from a long weekend in Edinburgh. I was physically and emotionally weary. And the bus passed by a building named after a man called David Kirkaldy...

Kirkaldy (1820–1897) was a Scottish engineer who pioneered the testing of materials as a service to engineers during Victorian times. He built a large hydraulic tensile test machine, later moving the machine to larger purpose-built new premises at 99 Southwark Street. This is now known as the Kirkaldy Testing Museum. Over the door of the building is the motto "Facts not Opinions".

I took the picture at the top of this post on Monday morning... because the motto yelled out at me. I had to blog about it...

Facts. Not Opinions.

A useful motto for me this week, with my feelings literally all over the place at the moment. I don't know whether I'm coming or going... getting it right or horribly wrong... on top of things or sinking fast...

I need some solid facts at the moment. Not just opinions...

No comments: