7 September 2017

Doing good or doing well...

"You finished second grade
I hope you can tell
If you're doing good or doing well..."
(lyrics from 'Word Crimes' by Weird Al Yankovic)

Inspiration for this post started from a discussion that I had with my daughter the other night, whilst I was driving her down to the shops. We're both Weird Al fans, and when I mentioned about ensuring her motives were right as she starts out to secure employment, the above lyrics popped into my head... we chuckled together as we chatted about this!

And that started me off thinking about my own motives, as well as hers. It was such a good topic that it ended up as part of this post!

Am I doing good ... performing good deeds, helping others, striving to make this world a better place...

Or doing well ... in good health, meeting my personal goals, prospering?

I'd like to think I'm trying for both. And I want to encourage my family to do the same.

Do good, and do well!

"So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith."
Galatians 6:9-10 - The Message

No comments: