Angels in the heights adore him, Ye behold him face to face;
Sun and moon bow down before him: Dwellers all in time and space,
Praise him! Praise with us the God of grace.
16 August 2016
P is for Portmeirion
Portmeirion was designed and built by the architect Clough Williams-Ellis from 1925 to 1976, in the style of a Mediterranean village. He wanted to show how a naturally beautiful site could be developed without spoiling it. The results are truly spectacular.
The site has served as the location for numerous films and television shows (including Doctor Who), but is probably best known for being "The Village" in the 1960s classic television show The Prisoner.
The whole site is now a tourist attraction and is now owned by a charitable trust. It's located near to Porthmadog, in Gwynedd, North Wales.