3 February 2011

Getting Stroppy

stroppy (adjective) /ˈstrɒp.i//ˈstrɑː.pi/ adj UK informal
angry and unpleasant or rude to other people, quarrelsome, belligerent

I pick up the phone at work, and do my best to help the customer on the end of the line. Regretfully I can't always say yes to them. Then the person decides to get stroppy with you; they start arguing because they haven't liked what they've heard, they haven't got everything they've asked for.

Why do they act that way with someone who is obviously trying to help them? Don't you think that I would say yes to their request if it was in my power to do so?

Guess this is another instance where I need to show forgiveness. I don't know whether that person has had a really unpleasant day before picking the 'phone up to me. It's easy to let rip at someone you don't know.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle" - Anon

Ephesians 4:32 (New International Version, ©2010)
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

No comments: